Julia Buckingham Award
The Julia Buckingham Award, created in 2021, recognises the achievement and potential of up-and-coming scientists. This early career award is named to honour Professor Julia Buckingham, a former editor of Journal of Neuroendocrinology, in recognition of her lifelong commitment to supporting early career researchers.
Applications for 2024 are now open! Deadline 1 March 2024.
- 15 minute lecture
- £375 prize money
- 1-year membership to the BSN
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students (up to one year post PhD viva prior to meeting; any breaks will be taken into consideration).
- Have been a member of the British Society of Neuroendocrinology for more than 6 months
- Prepare an abstract and be available to give an oral presentation online
How to apply
To apply, please send a single PDF document to the BSN (email@example.com) containing:
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Year of study, date of viva
- One page cover letter consisting of research interests, achievements and contribution to the field of neuroendocrinology
- Two full reference letters (one should be a member of the society)
- Optional - any publications (preprints, abstracts submitted to conferences (internal and external)).
- Simon J. Guillot, 2023
Dr Encarnación Torres Jiménez, 2022
- Dr Bradley Jamieson, 2021
Photo: Julia Buckingham receiving her Queen's Birthday Honors for her outstanding contribution to science from Prince Charles, 2018