Julia Buckingham Award
The Julia Buckingham Award, created in 2021, recognises the achievement and potential of up-and-coming scientists. This early career award is named to honour Professor Julia Buckingham, a former editor of Journal of Neuroendocrinology, in recognition of her lifelong commitment to supporting early career researchers.
Apply for the 2021 Julia Buckingham Award - deadline 1 July 2021
This year the awardee will be presenting at the 4th Société de Neuroendocrinologie-British Society for Neuroendocrinology (SNE-BSN) joint meeting and will be entirely online. Applicants MUST register and submit an abstract at SNE-BSN meeting (bsn-sne2020.sciencesconf.org) by 1 July 2021.
- 15 minute lecture
- £375 prize money
- 1-year membership to the BSN
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students (up to one year post PhD viva prior to meeting; any breaks will be taken into consideration).
- Have been a member of the British Society of Neuroendocrinology for more than 6 months
- Prepare an abstract and be available to give an oral presentation online
How to apply
To apply, please send a single PDF document to the BSN (email@example.com) containing:
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Year of study, date of viva
- One page cover letter consisting of research interests, achievements and contribution to the field of neuroendocrinology
- Two full reference letters (one should be a member of the society)
- A list of publications (preprints may be chosen in line with funding body rules)
Photo: Julia Buckingham receiving her Queen's Birthday Honors for her outstanding contribution to science from Prince Charles, 2018