Academia or industry, how to make the decision? | FREE 2023 PANS Early Career Webinar
- 20 October 2023
- Registration Fee:
This webinar from the Pan American Neuroendocrine Society will focus on career decisions and choices: Academia or industry, how to make the decision ?
When: Friday, October 20th at noon (12pm - EDT).
Where: Online, Zoom link: https://kent-edu.zoom.us/j/86423951248?pwd=R010VG1EVk5McU0xNFpXNUpSd2pSQT09
About the webinar
We will be discussing a variety of topics related to both fields: Job search, interview process, negotiations, job responsibilities and more. If you are a trainee, unsure about whether you want to stay in academia or take a chance at industry, this is a safe space for you to ask questions and discuss with scientists who went through the same process. We will be hosting a diverse panel of speakers at different career stages, who have made their decisions to stay in Academia or move to industry. The panelists will speak about their own personal experiences navigating career choices and the steps to achieve their objectives.
Our panelists are:
- Brenna Fearey, PhD: Senior Application Scientist, LifeCanvas Technologies (USA).
- Richard McCosh, PhD: Assistant Professor, Colorado State University (USA).
- Santiago Orrillo, PhD: Postdoctoral Fellow, CONICET (Argentina).
- Andrea Silva-Gotay, PhD: Medical Writer and Consultant, Whitsell Innovations, Inc (USA).
- Evguenia Alechine, PhD, ELS: Science Communication Specialist, Freelance (Argentina).
The audience is encouraged to ask questions and participate in the discussion. If you would like to propose topics for discussion, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1spxIcThGf9tMGvXP5FaFRxXt1giQSXsOEnw7xVNzJ00/edit
If you have any questions, please contact the webinar organizers:
Rajae Talbi, PhD. Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Boston, MA. USA
Marina Fernandez, PhD. Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental (IBYME-CONICET). Buenos Aires, Argentina